As a Program Manager, you will be responsible for the design, implementation and evaluation of programs and behaviour intervention plans for children.
Program Managers will also be involved in the training and development of junior and senior therapists to ensure the effective delivery of the program. This will involve overlapping with new therapists on each case until confident that the new therapist can work independently.
Program Managers are responsible for responding to parent enquiries about the child’s program and depending on their availability, they may also conduct one on one therapy with a child prior to team meetings or in between team meetings.
Program Managers will take detailed notes at team meetings, including specific programs, instructions, behavioural interventions, new materials needed and any parent training which may be recommended.
You will be responsible for answering therapists’ questions and ensure consistency across programs by reading notes and data and speaking with the team to address specific concerns. You will need to implement changes made at team meetings, which includes adding new programs with specific instructions to the therapy team about how each program should proceed.
Key result areas:
- Ongoing supervision and program management of individual clients
- Presentation at Junior and Senior Therapist training workshops
- Preparation and implementation of Junior and Senior Therapist assessments
- Assist the Clinical Director and Human Resources Consultant in the Junior and Senior Therapist performance reviews
- Modification/review of current training presentations
- Conduct client intakes
- Implementation of external workshops/presentations
- Attendance and summary report/presentation at conferences
- Ongoing education and training, and/or research project/presentation (e.g. poster presentation), and/or business proposal (approved by Clinical Director)
- Attendance at Program Manager meetings every 4 weeks
- Minimum 3 client review feedback forms and one team meeting video to be provided to Clinical director prior to Program Manager meetings
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor of Psychology or other relevant degree
- 3 years full time equivalent demonstrated experience as a senior therapist in Applied Behaviour Analysis
- Acted as a senior therapist for a minimum of 12 children
- Demonstrated ability to program and implement skill based programs for a wide variety of abilities
- Experience working with children and families with additional needs, particularly Autism, utilising a family centred approach
- Experience in the field of early intervention
- Demonstrated ability to work in collaborative consultation with a multidisciplinaryteam
- 38 hours per week availability
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport with families
- Independence, enthusiasm and flexibility
- Commitment to quality delivery of service
- Current drivers licence
- Current First Aid certificate
- Completed post graduate degree in relevant field
- Completed or studying for a BCaBA or BCBA degree
- 2 years program manager experience
- Programming experience for at least 18 children