The Registered Behaviour Technician course is written for direct support professionals and frontline supervisors who support people on the Autism Spectrum or with other developmental disorders.
After completing the 40 hour online theory course you are required to attend an 8-hour practical skills day at Aspire Early Intervention to qualify for certification.
The following content will be covered on the practical skills day.
- Brief revision of theory
- SAFMEDS (the participants will receive a set of SAFMEDS cards with basic ABA terminology and instruction on how to use it)
- Role Play
- Discrete Trial Instruction
- Mixed DTI
- Mand Training
- Continuous and Discontinuous measurement procedures
- Token Economies and Response Cost
- Problem Behaviour
- Differential Reinforcement (DRA, DRO, DRL, DRH, DRI)
- Data Taking
- Behaviour Data Taking
- PIR and WIR data
- Task Analyses